1. I have always had a problem with blushing when put on the spot. Even better? Blushing on command. Thanks to Dr. Strobel, there are many times during rounds when: a. the chicken dance is brought up or; b. he turns to me and says, "Megan, blush.......NOW!" And I do it. Embarassing? Yes. I just call it the utmost form of respect for my superior.
2. You can't always take things literally. Brad and I were cooking a few nights ago and I was warming tortillas in a skillet. He says, "Real Mexicans heat them directly on the burner." So, in trying my best to be authentic in our Mexican food cooking, I put the torilla on the burner. Result? A tortilla that started smoking and ended up with a nice charred set of concentric circles on it.
3. I'm not perfect. Shocker, huh? I am completely type A and love things to be in complete order. I have a daily morning routine and I would honestly rather wake up 15 minutes early to perform that routine than sleep in and grab breakfast on the go. The attempt to be perfect, however, bites me in the bum often. Because when you try to reach perfection, you're let down much to often. I should probably try and lower some of my standards or expectations and then the let down wouldn't hurt as badly. But is that fair? I don't know. I'm learning as I go.
4. I have dreams. Dreams that may never be fulfilled. I dream for a really good camera so that one day I might take really good pictures. I dream of becoming a mom. A mom of two kids, one boy, one girl and that those children will be perfect little angels. I dream of having time to work, play, finish my scrapbooks and raise my children without being exhausted. I dream of owning our own house. One that has a huge kitchen, cozy fireplace, lots of land and (these are per Brad) two garages -- one to park our Maserati in, the other to "build stuff -- and an underground wine cellar.
Park City Utah
4 years ago

2 comments:
This is a cute post! And don't worry - I've done the EXACT same thing with the tortillas on the burners. It's not very effective.
So I was reading #2 thinking... this sounds like me... then I thought... is she a Virgo... when's her birthday... then I realized... end of August... indeed she is = )
Post a Comment