Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 2009!

Well, we made it through a crazy and exciting year in 2008. Around the time of New Year's, you hear so much about things people want to change, resolutions they've made (and will abandon by March) and goals that they have. However, you never really hear much about the year that just went by. So, my favorite things of 2008?

JANUARY
My return to the slopes...

We also took engagement pictures and some really awesome family pictures with the Littekens!

FEBRUARY
Technically, I found it in January, but I bought my wedding dress in the month of love!


MARCH
Rodeo fun with the girls (and boys)!


APRIL

(No pictures here, but we celebrated Brad's last birthday in his 20s ;))

MAY
Breanna, my second neice, was born!


JUNE
We had so much fun at our engagement party hosted by the Duncans and Fittses. I also was able to go on Beach Retreat as a volunteer nurse with SBC. Brad and I enjoyed some time with old friends at Leslie and Travis's wedding, too!


JULY

(Again, no pictures, but we did a LOT of traveling around Texas and registering for the wedding)

AUGUST
DENVER! And of course, the start of an abysmal football season.

SEPTEMBER
The start of our wedding showers! And more crappy football.


OCTOBER
More showers and football, but more importantly, Callum Ray Taylor was introduced to the world!


NOVEMBER
(This is when we actually met Cal)

Can't forget about Thanksgiving with the Fischers and the last few days before the "I Do"s

DECEMBER

Do I really have to say it? We got MARRIED!!!


Don't forget NYC and spending time with BOTH families for Christmas!

So yes, God was SO good to us in 2008. We were blessed with new members of each family, fun times with friends, making of new friends, plenty of safe travel all over the state and country and the sacred covenant of being united in His love for the rest of our lives! We loved every minute of it and can't wait to see what 2009 has in store!

1 comment:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

I'm so glad you started a blog!! Looking back on the short time Jack & I have been married, I'm so glad I've documented all the stories I would have otherwise forgotten in this wonderful stage of our lives. It looks like your 2008 was awesome - I pray that your 2009 is just as great! :)