Friday, December 26, 2008

Life after the Honeymoon

Well, things are almost back to normal down in humid Houston. Brad's back to work. I'm back to work. And we still haven't had a weekend at home for over a month. We wouldn't trade it for the world.

We have had so much fun "playing house" the last week or so. Unwrapping presents, putting presents in piles, writing presents down to the never-ending list of thank you notes that need to be written. Then finally, last night, we were able to get the majority of things put away where they will be until they are retired or we move. YAY! Once the Christmas decor is gone, we will have a normal home :)

Speaking of Christmas, woohoo for the first one as Mr. and Mrs.!

We kept it pretty low-key since I worked Christmas Eve and Brad is working today. Marshall was last weekend with my parents, Christmas Eve was dinner with Leah, Layne and Payton and tonight is Wichita Falls with his parents. We spent yesterday morning sleeping in, cuddling on the couch, opening gifts from my parents and eating breakfast. Then we decided to go for a run -- first as a married couple, as I was quick to point out. Then we made some enchiladas and a birthday cake for Jesus and Layne came over. After being lazy all afternoon, we finished up the kitchen organization, drove around for 30 minutes looking for an open Starbucks then standing in line for 30 minutes at said open Starbucks. A little TV, then it was bed time! Christmas is all about the birth of Christ and the spirit of giving and this one had some if both! And I got to spend it with my new hubby :)

In other news, look what came in the mail last week!!!
So, folks, it's officially official! I tried to change my name today, but lo and behold it's a state holiday and the DPS and SSA offices were closed. First thing Monday morning, I suppose!
MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone!

No comments: