We're exhausted. After three days of constant go, we're pooped! The cold, continuously rainy weather for the last two days didn't help. We woke up yesterday morning and got bagels from the supposed best bagel shop in NYC, H&H Bagels. They were good. But they were bagels. Brad's requesting a case of sourdough for Christmas!
We then took the train up to the Guggenheim Museum. We reveled in the exterior, walked up to the door -- CLOSED on Thursdays! So we walked around the museum store and looked at the prints of the paintings they have on display instead. We may try to go again Saturday.
We then took the bus down to 58th and 5th and visited FAO Schwarz. Again, all it's cracked up to be. I've been removed from the toy scene for quite some time and had no clue there were so many new things. I tried to get Brad to play the huge keyboard that's seen in "Big" but his shyness got the best of him at that particular second in time.
We decided we'd like to see another show on Broadway so we went to stand in line at the TKTS booth for an hour. Mind you, it was 39* and raining the entire time. They opened at 3PM and at 2 PM, the line was already formed. We hadn't eaten lunch so after grabbing our half-price orchestra seats to "Phantom of the Opera", we literally ran over to McDonald's for a snack. I got my Mickey D's fix for another five years or so.
Then we visited the M&M's world store for a sweet treat (for others) before heading back to the apartment. We went to dinner at Mersaille at 44th and 9th. It was good but not great. My mediterranean salad, however, was to die for! "Phantom" was a stellar musical performance by all and something I'll always be glad I did.
More tomorrow (or actually today since I'm doing this the morning after).
Park City Utah
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment