Sunday, November 4, 2012

34 Weeks

34 WEEKS (10.31.12)


- Far along: 32 weeks
- Size of the bean: the weight of a cantaloupe (4.75 pounds)
- Symptoms: HOLY SCIATIC NERVE, Batman!!!!
- Cravings: nothing specific
- Aversions: none
- Sleep: tossing and turning as usual
- Maternity clothes: all tops, some bottoms
- Weight gained: 21 pounds (gained two since the last appointment)
- Best moment of the week: 3D ultrasound. DUH!!!
- Gender: boy
- Looking forward to: NO MORE SCIATIC!!!

Well, not much has changed in terms of how I feel. Sciatic nerve down the left side is still my enemy. For someone who likes to be up and moving as much as possible, it’s been hard to let myself slow down. In fact, I left work early today because I think I overdid it this past weekend and week. We made the trip to Auburn for the Aggie game and did a LOT (for a pregnant woman) of walking around campus. It was a fun time, but then with work Monday, a day full of errand-running Tuesday and work Wednesday, I think it was too much. Luckily, we had extra nurses on hand, so I was able to come home and nap. Lesson learned.

Our ultrasound went well. Jack’s heartbeat was strong and he’s measuring right on track so he’s healthy as can be. I gained a little weight so Dr. Ross was happy about that. The 3D part of the ultrasound was just amazing. When she first started, she wasn’t using the 3D probe, so it looked like skeleton baby again (fit for Halloween the next day). His hand was initially in his face but after she got her measurements, he cooperated so we could get that popular picture! I think he looks mostly like me when it comes to nose and mouth and Brad with eyes and forehead. Of course, he’s pretty squished in there, so he may come out totally different. He’s got 6 more weeks to develop, so you never know :)

We’re headed to Marshall this weekend for my hometown shower and that will most likely be our last long road trip (give or take a football game in College Station or two) until after he arrives. I’m not sure sitting in a car for 4+ hours is in the cards for this momma. I get antsy pretty quickly. Can’t believe it’s just around the corner!


Sweet baby boy!

No comments: