Saturday, October 20, 2012

An update...several weekly posts at once

28 WEEKS (09.19.12)
(no picture)

- Far along: 28 weeks
- Size of the bean: head of cabbage (same as cauliflower?)
- Symptoms: emotions. Oh. My. Gravy.
- Cravings: none
- Aversions: none
- Sleep: a little better this week (perhaps because I was exhausted!)
- Maternity clothes: mostly, yes
- Weight gained: ?? haven’t weighed this week
- Best moment of the week: two naps in two days
- Gender: boy
- Looking forward to: there are a lot; too hard to narrow down

If I’m being honest with you faithful readers, this week was ROUGH. I cried about everything. I wanted to do nothing but sleep and work was difficult. Add some school projects/assignments that tipped me over the edge and you’d think I was back in the first trimester. Today starts the third (and final!) trimester of this journey and while I’m extremely ready to meet our sweet boy, I am stressed. Out. I’ve been trying to walk on the treadmill just to see if that helps my energy but really, it just makes me miss my running and hardcore workouts that would relieve my stress. I have so many thoughts that run through my head of things that need to be done before he gets here and then I think about how I have NO CLUE how to be a mother. And I start crying. No, sobbing.

So if you think about it in the next week or so, please pray for me. For Brad. For baby L. And for our family of almost-three.

--------

29 WEEKS (09.26.12)

- Far along: 29 weeks
- Size of the bean: butternut squash
- Symptoms:
- Cravings: none
- Aversions: none
- Sleep: Depends on the night
- Maternity clothes: mostly, yes
- Weight gained: 19 (up 5!) pounds total according to the doctor’s scale
- Best moment of the week: well, I can tell you it was NOT the two needles I was exposed to…
- Gender: boy
- Looking forward to: A weekend in Aggieland and Round Top!!!

I went to see the good ol’ doctor today and boy, was that fun. Drank some orange drink that tasted like flat Sunkist, sat around and waited. Waited some more. Went to my room. Waited some more. Left my room to have blood drawn (NOT the best phlebotomist) then came back and waited. Had a needle shoved into my bum (worst shot ever). Waited some more. Spent about 6.795 minutes with my doctor. Left. Fantastic.

Good news is, I go back at 32 weeks and we’ll schedule an ultrasound! Meanwhile, I think I’ll head over to Round Top and College Station this weekend, go to Marshall next week and to Charleston the week after! Busy times ahead…full steam to December 12!


29 weeks and 4 days
(I took this in a grocery store because we were going out of town and I wasn't going to buy a butternut squash I'd never cook.)

No comments: