Thursday, August 13, 2009

SUYL: Favorite Vacation Spot

This week at Kelly's Show Us Your Life, we're talking about our favorite vacation spots.

Growing up, my family didn't really go on many vacations. My parents were both in public education and my Dad was in school quite a bit, so aside from trips with the church and weekend getaways to Dallas for some roller-coaster riding and CrackJack-eating fun, we didn't travel much. However, I have had several opportunities to go skiing in Colorado and that is my idea of a great vacation. It's a break from the hot humidity of Houston and it comes with periods of a good work-out and relaxation. Plus, the snow-covered mountains are just amazing:




[I'm actually going to my parents' this weekend, so if I find older pictures from Winter Park ski trips, I'll try to upload them. If I do find pictures, I'll fill you in on one of my most embarassing moments while growing up...]


Here I am in Breckenridge in 2008 with my then-future-in-laws:



And last year in Keystone with my new hubby (and friends that aren't pictured):



Big Christmas tree during a snow shower:






Now if only I could fit into those jeans again...

3 comments:

SnoWhite said...

I love Colorado!! I've only been in the summer and have enjoyed hiking up the mountains only to take the ski lift back down ;)

Christa said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I would love to go to Colorado one day!

Michael DeSa said...

Hey! Thanks for becoming a follower! Its my brand new blog and I'm excited over 3 followers :) How are you and what are you up to?? Love, Katie