Sunday, September 9, 2012

25 weeks (no picture)

25 WEEKS (08.29.12)


- Far along: 25 weeks
- Size of the bean: rutabaga (weight)
- Symptoms: ab muscle pain
- Cravings: none
- Aversions: none
- Sleep: getting a little better
- Maternity clothes: we’ll go with about 75% of shirts and 25% of bottoms
- Weight gained: ??? 12 maybe?
- Best moment of the week: cloth diaper tutorial (see below)
- Gender: boy
- Looking forward to: birthday weekend in Marshall!

Sorry for the picture-less update, but I didn’t have time searching the grocery store for a rutabaga and none of the turnips looked big enough!

So last weekend, we hosted our very last CARES event. Somewhere in year two, we began running out of creative juices and decided to make brunch a monthly affair. We always had great turnouts and continued that trend. The residents loved it, we had the planning, shopping and executing down to a science and it just worked really well. Anyway, it was great and we were able to visit with lots of people, both old and new. We’ll definitely miss interacting with the residents on a regular basis, but I think we’re both looking forward to a little extra “us” time during the week! We’re so blessed to have had the opportunity and are grateful for your thoughts and prayers over the last 25 months.

We also spent some time with friends and with that came a little cloth diapering lesson/tutorial. Our good friends Steven and Tricia and Tricia’s sister both use cloth diapers. I asked them for some tips and advice and they decided a hands-on experience would be best. One word – overwhelming! I went in thinking I knew a bunch and walked away realizing there’s so much more! I’m so glad we had that chance because I feel a little more informed and know I need to do a little more “research” before making decisions. I think their best piece of advice was to try out a couple of different types of diapers and see what works best for us. Who knew there were half a dozen types of cloth diapers (all-in-ones, pockets, hybrid, pre-folds, etc.)? Now I do…and so do you! I still get some crazy looks when I tell people that’s what we’ve decided on but I’m still convinced it’s best!

No comments: