I'm not really sure what's gotten into me lately, but I've been quite the bake-a-holic. Here's the deal. I'm not at all trying to lose weight, but I'm definitely being more careful about what goes into my body and trying to work out more. I've read more and more about the affects processed foods and fake sugars and all those good things have on our insides (and outsides, for that matter) and I really don't like what I've read. But I digress. Problem is, I LOVE to bake. L-O-V-E. And my coworkers LOVE for me to bake, too! Actually, I think they secretly cuss me under their breath, but they eat it so I guess it's good enough. So I've literally taken something sweet to work almost every week for the past two months. I wish I had taken pictures of everything, but I get into a "zone" and don't even think about it until it's too late. But I do have this picture:

You see, I love Italian Cream Cake. Almost as much as I love to bake. A dear friend of mine from work was returning from an 11-month, 11-country mission trip around the world and we were having a welcome home dinner for her. Spaghetti, meatballs, salad, bread and wine were on the menu so I wanted to do something Italian to go with it all. I realize there is
nothing Italian about this cake, but I really wanted to try it out and found
this recipe from Monica at
Lick the Bowl Good. I received quite a few compliments, but if I am being honest I found the cake a bit dry. I have a feeling it had something to do with beating the egg whites and folding them in. I may not have beaten them long enough. I'm not discouraged, though. I
will get this one right eventually ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment