Sunday, September 13, 2009

Post 1 of 2 for today!

I haven't posted in a while so I figured I would do two at once. I've been extra busy at work lately because of so many classes and meetings and just plain working, so the "daily-themed blog" has taken a back seat to life. Oops! To catch you up on life in general:

Brad is back in school taking Calulus II and English. Can I tell you how much I do not envy him at all? I loved my Calculus teacher in high school, but not so much Calculus itself. To quote my dad, "I can't even spell the word, much less do the work!" So true, so true!

College football season is HERE and the Aggies won their first game! I am completely embarassed and ashamed that I don't have ANY pictures from the game. That is not like me at all (I even had my camera with me), so rest assured I'll make up for it during the rest of the season.

This past weekend, we saw my brother-in-law's band, Air Review, play here in Houston and they ROCKED the show! They really are good and I'm not just saying that because he's my brother-in-law. They're actually in a contest for a chance to play at Austin City Limits and it's completely voter-driven. So if you have a few minutes, head on over here and register to vote. You can vote once every 24 hours and trust me, they keep tally of the hours since your last vote! You can listen to them there or go to iTunes and download their album. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

Did I mention that during their entire set, there were two hula hoopers (one who was extrememly pregnant and very talented)? I'd never seen artistic hula-hooping before, but regardless of the distraction factor, she did a really great job. See?



We also spent a lot of quality "downtime" together with no real agenda, which is rare for us during this Fall season! It was fun...and relaxing...and just great. We just returned from as Astros game with a coworker of mine and although they lost, we had fun. Again, no pictures. Oops. I think I need to invest in a good camera and then y'all would see nothing BUT pictures on this blog!

Come back in an hour or two (after I have time to grocery shop) and I'll have my second post up for today. It's something everyone should know and it's for a good cause, too!

No comments: