Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Over the Weekend.

I have an unexpected day off today (thanks to minimal overtime these days) so I figured I would catch up on some things around the house, including blogging.
This past weekend, I somehow coaxed Brad into driving me to Marshall late Friday night for one of my high school friend's weddings. Why the coaxing? Because we missed a home Aggie football game to go! SHOCKING, I know! I don't think I've missed a game for the past three seasons. Oh well, all in the name of friendship.

Here we are:

Here are the three musketeers from high school: (me, Skye and Kasey)


We got up Sunday morning and made the drive back to Houston. I was a little sad because the weather was sooo much nicer in Marshall than it has been here. They've suffered with rain everyday for the last two weeks, but if that's what it takes to get cooler weather, bring it on!

Yesterday officially started our half-marathon training. I might die in the process of making it to 13 miles, but I'm going to finish, darn it! I think the worst part about the whole thing is knowing that no matter what, I will have to come home after a 12-hour shift and run anywhere from 3-5.5 miles. Nevertheless, I'll be a better runner after all is said and done.

Today, I've worked on some things for work, as well as created my first diaper cake. I have to admit that it came out better than I thought. See?

Other than work and school for Brad, not much is new around here! Just living the married life in hot, humid Houston...waiting oh, so impatiently for winter to visit!

2 comments:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

CUTE diaper cake!!!

Sara said...

That is a super cute diaper cake! Good job!