Friday, July 31, 2009

Show Us Your LIFE: Wedding Party

This will be a fun one! Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is doing another carnival today on your wedding party and flowers. This will have LOTS of pictures, I assure you, so I'm actually going to split it into two posts.

For as long as I can remember (okay, so really back to early college days), I wanted my bridesmaids to wear chocolate brown dresses. This was when black was in and I wanted to be different. Flash forward 6-7 years and everybody was wearing chocolate brown. I figured I'd roll with it since it was all I could remember wanting. Besides, it was my idea first, people.

My bridal party consisted of a variety of friends -- hometown (two from elementary school, one from high school), college (both A&M and nursing school) and my then-future sister-in-law.

So here are my lovely ladies:

(L to R: MOH and best high school friend Kasey, nursing school buddy and fellow coworker (sort of) Leah, nursing school buddy and former roomie Shae, me, Brad's sister and becoming a great friend Sara, childhood friend and former neighbor Misty, childhood friend and awesome singer Miranda, Aggie buddy Bekah)



Here's our fun, jumping one. We had lots of these and lots of "throw your hands in the air like you just don't care" photos:


This is one of my absolute FAVORITE pictures from the entire day! I'm not sure what the four of us on the right are all looking at, but the lighting and angle and editing job the photographer did is AMAZING!


Brad's handsome men included several college friends, a work buddy, his brother-in-law and my two brothers. Here they are looking sharp (L to R: Aggie buddy and Navy pilot Kyle, Best Man and Aggie Buddy and Former "Old Lady" Steven, my brother Michael, Brad, my other brother Matt, Brad's brother-in-law Jeff, Aggie buddy Layne, fomer work buddy Glenn):


You know how it's generally hard to get guys to really smile on camera? Well, I have a feeling that with the bunch above, it was really much harder to get them to look angry. Not a mean bone in their bodies (well, except for Michael when we were really young ;)).

This is a pic of groomsmen and ushers:


Brad and the ladies:
Me and the boys:


And here we all are together!



And I can't forget about my two readers. I've known these girls since the womb and have babysat them for as long as they've been alive. (Actually, their parents babysat me when I was young, too.) They are twins (obviously) and completely bright and did an awesome job at reading the Scripture in the wedding.



Stay tuned for the flower edition of this post.....

3 comments:

Claire said...

Love those bridesmaids dresses! Stunning!

Cxx

Unknown said...

I love the addition of the belt, on the dresses. Very nice.
How pretty you look. Everyone looks terrific. And your flowers are beautiful!

The Goods said...

Hi Meg - cute blog! I saw your comment on Dianna's blog...if your interested in a tshirt quilt, you can email my sister Lee at

Mommalee4@hotmail.com

She made Dianna's tshirt quilt.

- Ana