FACT: Today, Brad and I have been married exactly 120 days, which equals four months, which is also 1/3 of a year. When you think about a lifetime, that's not very long, but it also seems like the wedding was yesterday. So actually, four short months have flown by!
FACT: I have been asked more times than I care to count a) are you buying a house? and/or b) when are you having kids? Anytime I mention the word "nauseous" at work, that is THE question that pops out of the person's mouth that was actually close enough to hear the word muttered. Because, you see, after about the twentieth time I was asked that question, I began choosing my words very cautiously to avoid any rumor mills quickly setting afire.
FACT: Brad and I talk [almost] daily about our goals in life, whether that be the location where we might one day settle into, the next kind of car we buy or when those kids might actually be something we REALLY want to think about. If Brad had a bottle with a genie in it, we'd be building a house (and a shop out back, might I add) on 500 acres in the middle of Nowhere, Texas (or Colorado), with a three-car garage (one stall for his 1997 diesel Ford extended cab blah blah blah) and have two rambunctious boys running around driving their mother insane. Okay, so maybe not ALL of that, but he has requested a shop (especially if we are blessed with two girls instead of boys) and he comments EVERY day about the truck he's destined to own. My dreams? Well, I would like a house with enough room for a dog to run and play. And inside that garage? Probably a Tahoe. What can I say? Some dreams never die.
FACT: I was roaming through Barnes & Noble today and noticed the "Required Reading for School" table. You know, the one with Jane Eyre, Tale of Two Cities and...Same Kind of Different as Me. Huh? Really? Wise choice, Mrs. Educator. I have no doubt that some parents will have a problem with the underlying messge of the book, especially if said book is required for Public School, USA. But I commend said teacher for putting a great book on the list!
FACT: I most certainly cried when I watched the season finale of "ER". I'm such a sucker for dramatic tv shows.
FACT: While shopping at Kroger yesterday evening, I almost jumped up an down and wet my pants when I realized that the exact gum for which I had a coupon for "$2 off 3 single packs" was actually on sale for 3/$2. That's right, folks. I got $3.18 worth of gum for FREE!!!
FACT: As I was getting ready to run some errands this morning I heard what sounded a lot like helicopters hovering overhead. I clicked on the news and apparently, they were looking for a few guys that were caught breaking into cars across the Interstate and took off on foot when the cop shot them. Yes, shot THEM, not AT them. Brave little guys to run while leaving a trail of blood behind. No worries, they were caught a few blocks away about 30 minutes later. And yes, I waited another two hours before daring to leave the apartment.
So, Brad...how bout those 500 acres in the middle of Nowhere? .... :)
Until next time...
Park City Utah
4 years ago

1 comment:
First of all your "FACT:" reminded me of Dwight on The Office. Don't know if you watch that or not, but it made me giggle.
Second of all, isn't it ANNOYING that ANYTIME you say ANYTHING about being tired, nauseous, dizzy, or ANYTHING, of course you're pregnant. Because there are no other possible explanations for that. Ugh. Rant over.
Post a Comment