I hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating the fact that Christ not only suffered through much pain physically and emotionally while He was tortured on the cross, but also that he is RISEN and has set us free from sin!
While marketing departments sit around and come up with better ways to commercialize and sell off spiritual holidays, we know the truth and real reason this particular Sunday is spent in celebration with people we dearly love.
I was one of the lucky few who worked today. I'm completely okay with that, though, because while I love being able to spend Sunday in church and with my husband, I am also FREE to worship wherever and whenever and however I choose. I had a bit of a slower, more relaxed day so I spent a lot of time praying for the dear kiddos and the families that were stuck spending their Easter in the hospital.
Different churches celebrate and find ways to express the meaning of Easter. Although they began doing it after I moved away from home, Central has one of my favorite traditions. During Holy Week, a rustic wooden cross is erected and covered with chicken wire. It is left there for people to observe, probably wondering why the heck the Baptists have put chicken wire around a couple of pieces of wood. On Saturday morning, those crazy old Baptists get together, each brining a bouquet of spring flowers, to construct this:

The old rustic cross made of dead wood is now living with the beauty of fresh flowers. What an amazing picture of the Truth of the Cross.

No comments:
Post a Comment