Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm Dreaming...

...of a White Christmas. And it actually happened. Granted, it's not quite Christmas yet, but the decorations are up so we're close enough! Meteorologists started predicting snow in Houston at the beginning of this week and because it's Houston, I was skeptical. For once, they were right and it's been snowing pretty hard since about 11:00 this morning! People from the north are probably laughing hysterically at us right now, because [obviously] Houstonians are freaking. out. This is the story of the week! But hey, it iced in '07, snowed last year at this time (while we were in New York on our honeymoon) and is happening again.


Brad and I love cold weather and very rarely turn on the heater. It's supposed to get down into the 20s tonight, so we'll see if we can bear it. One good thing about living in a third story apartment is that we can mooch off the downstairs neighbors' heat :) For now, this will just have to work. (I'm going to brag just a little -- I made that fire all by myself and have kept it going for almost an hour!)

1 comment:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

Aww that's nice. We didn't get any snow up here on Friday, though we did get it a few days earlier with the rain. Also, I know I'm 12, but all I could think when I saw your stockings was "It says B.M.!" Again. 12.