I learned something today. I learned that 5:00 PM on Father's Day Sunday is the best time to go to the gym and the grocery store. I mean, nobody looking at you with that "can you please make this your last set of reps so I can use that machine" look instead of just asking if they can cut in. Or, my goodness, use the machine 5 feet away that works the EXACT some muscle group. Those people aren't there when it's Father's Day. Nor are the ones that must be feeding ten kids because they have not one, but TWO grocery carts full of crap wholesome foods. I guess they technically could be feeding ten kids, because that's just how some people roll. But obviously, the point of this post isn't about overcrowded gyms and buggies at Kroger, it's about how instead of being at the gym, walking on the treadmill and talking to my dad on the phone (simultaneously, mind you) and then enjoying almost-empty aisles, I'd much rather be spending some quality time with good ol' Dad.
Because, let's face it, anybody that can get away with wearing this:

Taught me how to do this:

Has loved me since I looked like this:

And whose example helped me choose him:

That led to this:
...is number one in my book!
Dad, I've always been a Daddy's girl who has been lucky enough to have a mom that became one of my best friends. There are things only dads can instill in a daughter and you have gone above and beyond your call of duty. From rocking me to sleep, to late-night back scratches; from bribing me to chop my hair off, to telling me I was beautiful on the inside and out; from teaching to to hit a baseball, to showing up at every dance recital and performance; from teaching me to ride a bike, to walking me down the aisle, God has blessed me with someone who has taught me more than one person ever should and I will forever be grateful. Love you tons!
And because of someone as selfless, loving, hard-working, family-focused as this man:
And because of someone as selfless, loving, hard-working, family-focused as this man:
I can rest assured that Brad will be an awesome daddy to our children one day. (Don't get any ideas anytime soon!) Thank you, Martin, for instilling in Brad the God-fearing, God-honoring, family-centered values that he has.
We love you both so very much and wish we could be with y'all today to tell you in person how much you mean to us!

No comments:
Post a Comment