Monday, May 4, 2009

Birthdays and Births

As you're all aware, Brad turned 30 last week. I [actually] pulled off a surprise visit from his parents that had been a secret for four flippin months. Do you know how many times I had to literally stop mid-sentence, pretend I was having a brain fart and change the subject in order NOT to tell him they were coming? Many times. Thursday, we had a low-key night at our favorite local restaurant, Cyclone Anaya's, had a glass of wine at our newest hangout, Vintropolis and then came home for Brad's favorite dessert, blue-nana pie. See? Yuuuummm.

Friday, his parents met us at the restaurant for Brad's "real" birthday dinner -- you know, the fancy steakhouse with wine lists that go on for pages.

Saturday, we spent the morning at Battleship Texas down in the ship channel of Houston. Can't say I've ever been there until now. Besides swarms of love-bugs and the occasional mosquito, it was a really neat little tour. They even let you spend the night!


We basically had a tailgating reunion at the party Saturday night. There were even more maroon shirts than any other color! I wish we'd gotten a group picture, but alas, we didn't. However, Brad DID have 30 candles on his birthday cake (complete with [gasp] homemade chocolate icing).


Littekens, we are SO glad you were able to make the journey to Houston and can't wait until we make it back to the Falls. I'm really, really sad we didn't get a picture with y'all!

In other news, Brad and I became an uncle and aunt again to our second nephew today. World, meet Michael Leal Simpson. Born today at 3:49 AM, weighing in at 6 lb 8.5 oz and 18 inches long:

No comments: