Well, Brad and I set off on Saturday morning and we did it...we finished our first 10k!
The weather was less than desirable at 55 degrees with a 20 mph wind and 30 mph gusts. Because the run kicked off the parade, there were lots of bystanders cheering us on during the first mile or so. The next 2.5 miles or so were tough. We headed straight into the wind, up a nice little hill and over a bridge before we were able to turn around and have the tailwind for the last two miles. I have to admit that during the second stretch, I just wasn't able to catch my breath (despite the rescue use of my inhaler) so we ended up walking about 1/4 mile. BUT, we finished and that's all that matters. Unfortunately, we didn't have anyone there cheering us on specifically, so I don't have pictures. However, the professionals taking pictures of the event should be getting theirs up soon, so I'll see if I can't copy and paste or at least link the webpage.
We had a lot of fun, and are still planning to try a half-marathon this year. In the mean time, we will be running lots of 5K races and trying to better our times ;) If anyone is interested, we'll be running:
Run for the Rose 5K - March 29
Blue Bell Fun Run 5K (all you can eat ice cream at the finish line) - April 18
Race for the Pennant (free Astros tickets included) - May 31st
Park City Utah
4 years ago

1 comment:
Yay for you guys!!! FYI, I am gonna run the White Rock half marathon in December. I know that is far away but it is SUCH a fun race -- it is the one I did last time. So, yall should sign up for that one and we can all be there!
Post a Comment